Monday, May 7, 2012

Design Wall Monday 7 May 2012

So, going through and organizing my stash a while back I noticed I had a bunch of this kind of thing...


Whaaaaa?  It's not really greens, or reds...Or golds or...

I have no idea who I was when I bought this...I must have really thought it was a great idea at some time!

So I decided to do something with them.

I went onto this Color scheme finding website, which is super cool...
And found that magenta and turquiose would go with those colors.  I never would have thought of that!
But actually, I do like it!



So, then I just played  around with those blocks I made until I decided...





...


On this one!

                            

**********

I also got my JT2 blocks done today!


Ooops, that is so sideways!  :  p

**********

And another diamond block!


With the freaky doll.

Linking up with Judy's blog today!  Click over there and scope out what others are up to this week!!

Cheers,

Sarah






5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow--what a gorgeous quilt you have created from your "who was I?" fabrics. I never would have thought to combine those colors, but they really do work.
Cute little block on the freaky doll's lap. : )

Teresa F. said...

Great "Quilts", they all look good. I think you'll have a hard time choosing the final look.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Absolutely fantastic quilt!! It is so gorgeous. Wow.

I've always seen those fabrics and wondered, "what would I do with those?" Now I know. :)

Judy

Kathy said...

Wow, you've been busy! Nice work!

Debbie said...

Great idea on using those fabrics! I have so many pieces that I don't care for anymore...there is hope for them!