Thursday, January 5, 2012

And...In with the new!

Another mystery!
This one should be great too.

It's called the Just Takes 2 quilt.
Especially if you were in awe of the red and white quilt show in NYC last year, as I was!!

This will be a few "firsts" for me:  I've never done a quilt with only 2 solid colors;  never done a red and white only anything; and never done a year-long mystery.
I am really looking forward to it!

I've got my fabrics all prewashed and dried and ready to go!


6 yards of red and 9 yards of white.

The first blocks have been released!  I'll show you mine as I do 'em and I hope to get started on it this weekend.

I think it will be easy to fit this project in between the others I have going (finishing up Orca Bay, wrapping up my 5th grade sewing class quilt, and one other quilt project, which is a secret for now!)  and at the end of the year, it will be done!  Like getting a quilt for free almost!

Life is good!

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

Pat B said...

Sounds like you will be plenty busy but it's good to have a plan. Love the colors of your mystery quilt and how your blues reflect the sky. Happy New Year!