Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Let the kid loose on EQ7...

I actually forgot I finished this last week!

Last year sometime, when he was 7 or 8, Eric designed this quilt with EQ.
I had it pieced in a couple of days, but just quilted for him last week.
Done just in time for his b'day!



You might have to click on the photos to make them bigger to see the "Eric is Awesome" quilting!
lol

********************

Also, I tried out this tiny windmill pattern...
It did not turn out as well as the one that inspired it over on Janet's blog...I love that little quilt!!
And what an irresistibly fun technique!

I have got to do this one over because the ink I used to mark the squares ran through and stained a bunch of the pieces!  Yikes!
So, I just finished it anyway for a potholder or something.  Waaaaa!
Live and learn!!!

Another note-to-self on this one:  The ditch quilting on Janet's looks a whole lot better too!!





-Sarah




3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your son did a great design job, and you translated it to cloth very well. Love what you did in the quilting!
When I was struggling to decide how to quilt my little pinwheel quilt I went to a LQS to look at their sample twice before I actually did anything with mine. They had stitched in the ditch and I thought I wanted to do something more fun. The more I looked at it the more I decided they knew what they were doing. That said, your little quilt still looks good--doesn't need to be relegated to the role of a potholder! : )

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Wow, that little Eric is some designer! He did a terrific job on both the quilt and designing the quilting. Way to go Eric! Keep up the great work!

And, Mom, you did a great job on the piecing and quilting too. Good for you for piecing it and quilting it for him so he could see his design in real life. Sometimes designers need to see their work off of the paper and in real life! :)

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Oops, just realized I misread about him designing the quilting - oh well, you did a great job on the quilting anyway!

Judy