I am working on getting this Roll, Roll Cotton Boll quilted.
For the design, I make a color copy of the quilt and use tracing paper over that to draw on. Many sheets of tracing paper later...
I liked that cotton boll vine thing idea
I was ready to go with this one:
Changed my mind and decided a grand jete type of figure overall would be better. By that I mean a thing that would be big, to contrast the small pieces in the quilt. This looks like a thumbprint or topography.
Yeah! Something different to what I normally do! Should be great, and easy enough to do since I need this done by the end of the week if I am to stay on target for the other stuff I need to finish.
I'd just start with the basic line and echo that around and around. Won't have to mark any more than that first line.. Super.
Got almost half way through the whole thing. At a certain point, I realized that it was easier to see where I was going if I actually quilted it with the back up instead of the front. That bottom curve almost closed up and...
Oh. My. God.
You would have been proud of me, that I did not cry. I did not. I have lived and I have learned.
I just started ripping until, well, I am almost done. It is almost flat again.
O, the sage phrases that run through one's mind at these times...A stitch in time saves nine, but a stitch in haste makes waste (I think maybe I made up that second part lol)...If it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly...Sigh.
Further advice, welcomed.
On a brighter note, I did pretty much finish this little one, 20" square exactly, for my guild's challenge, "Chocolate"
Had fun with the thread! I may add a few beads to it just to bring out the shine here and there, if I have time.
And, our first loaf, using the Breadman we got at Christmastime. I used Subee's recipe. Mighty tasty!!
It for now!
Wish me luck!!
Wish me luck!!