Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ouch (YAY) Ouch (YAY)!!

 Well, it's been about 3 weeks since I had breast reduction surgery and I am just now finally feeling almost back to normal.  Can't lift much of anything yet still, but more than that has been the absolute inability to concentrate on much of anything at all.

Luckily, I have had the Orca Bay mystery calling to me (Hellooooooo...Sarah!  Come back to meeeeee!)  on a regular basis, so I've been plugging away at that  a bit at a time.

Voila!  My convalescent sewing center in my room!  Doesn't that look inviting?! 



I got some of each step done...


Was just not feelin' the purple.  At all.

So I did some in blue...


Hmmmm.


Duh.

So, now I'm doing blues and planning on gradating them from mostly lights to darker as I go.
No idea of the pattern yet, but think (hope!) it might look good to vary the shades down the quilt.

Only 3 more days 'til Christmas now.  (helloooooo!)
Good thing I'm waking up now!

Happy Holidays to you all!

Love,
Sarah









2 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Sarah...wishing you a speedy recovery. I had a total knee replacement this past summer and my studio was my convalescence room as well. Thank goodness for an all consuming passion to keep us going. All the best

Leeanne said...

Very cool, this will be a special quilt for you, rest well and have a happy Christmas :-)